Anti Diarrhea Tablets
Chronic diarrhea occurs when you have loose stool that lasts for over four weeks. This means three or more stools daily. Chronic diarrhea has different causes. Treatment is given to correct the various causes of diarrhea, deal with any diarrhea complications, and firm up loose stool. Chronic diarrhea can affect your overall health and quality of life. Fortunately, there are treatments for this condition. For instance, you can get affordable yet effective anti diarrhea tablets from us at Wellspring.
Causes of Chronic Diarrhea
Some of the leading causes of chronic diarrhea include chronic infections, inflammatory bowel syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, malabsorption syndromes, where food can't be digested or absorbed, among others.
- Endocrine Disorders – Hyperthyroidism can cause weight loss and diarrhea.
- Medication – Both non-prescription and prescription drugs, dietary supplements, and herbs have side effects, including diarrhea. To know if the medications you're taking are causing diarrhea, consult with your physician or pharmacist. In addition, you can find this information on most of the prescription’s paperwork or bottle.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) – IBS, which may develop after an infection, can cause diarrhea and crampy abdominal pain.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease – The common types of this condition are ulcerative colitis and Crohn disease. Both can develop when the immune system attacks parts of your digestive tract. The presence of blood in your loose stool may be a sign of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Intestinal Infections – Such infections can lead to chronic diarrhea. You can develop intestinal infections after drinking unpasteurized milk, contaminated water, or eating contaminated food.
- Food Hypersensitivity and Allergy – Food sensitivity and allergies can lead to chronic diarrhea. People who are lactose intolerant develop gas and diarrhea when they take milk. Also, individuals with celiac disease are sensitive to gluten, which is found in wheat flour and can cause weight loss and diarrhea.
Evaluation of Chronic Diarrhea
If you have watery or loose stool for more than four weeks, you should seek medical attention. But if you have other symptoms such as bloody diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, or dehydration that prevent you from eating or interfere with your daily activities, you need to see your doctor immediately.
During your visit, you should provide the following information:
- When the diarrhea began
- Recent changes in medication
- Any medicine you’re taking for diarrhea
- Information regarding foreign travel
Your doctor will take urine, blood, and stool tests to determine the underlying cause of diarrhea.
Treatment for Chronic Diarrhea
Sometimes, chronic diarrhea can be easily treated by not taking certain medications or foods. Moreover, the underlying cause, if known, is also treated. For instance, if the cause of chronic diarrhea is an infection, it’s treated using antibiotics.
Other treatment options for chronic diarrhea include:
- Taking antidiarrhea medicines such as Imodium, which doesn't need a prescription. Be careful never to exceed the recommended dosage of Imodium as it can lead to serious health complications.
- Using Octreotide, which is prescribed if you have severe diarrhea.
- Taking fiber supplements or a high-fiber diet to make the stool less watery and more formed.
Affordable Medication Online
At Wellspring, we’re a premier online pharmacy that provides a range of affordable and effective drugs for our customers. From maintenance meds to over-the-counter drugs such as anti diarrhea tablets, you’re guaranteed to find quality medication to ensure a healthier lifestyle. For any queries, contact us today at 866-933-6337.